Whether you are researching a product to promote, starting your advertising campaign, or looking for ways to increase traffic to your blog, these tools and services can help you get the job done in a quick and efficient manner. Many of the tools listed here are free and offer amazing power and insight that will help you take your Internet marketing to the next level. The paid services listed here in many cases wrap and combine what’s available in the free services to create ultra powerful packages that allow you to process far more data in a fraction of the time. If you are new to Internet Marketing I recommend you play and familiarize yourself with what’s freely available. Once you gain experience purchase the paid services that are right for you. It is only after you have toiled with what is freely available that you will appreciate what the paid services have to offer.
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links to products that will earn me a commission. These are all things that I have experience with that I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
- Host Gator – Fantastic web host. I’ve been using them for years. If you are serious about affiliate marketing then I recommend you get a dedicated machine with a reliable hosting provider like Host Gator. Shared plans are attractively priced but can cost you dearly down the road in missed clicks and unscheduled down times that invariably occur right smack in the middle of a hot campaign. Not what you want to happen when you are paying for traffic. Do yourself a favor and don’t mess around here. Do it once, do it right!
Wealthy Affiliate Revolution Readers can SAVE $9.94 on any Host Gator hosting plan purchase by using Coupon Code: WealthyAffiliateRev
- Fat Cow – One of the most fully-featured and inexpensive web hosts I have come across. With shared plans starting as low as $3.67 per month they are definitely worth looking into if you are new to affiliate marketing or just want to create and host your own blog.
- Instant Domain Search – Cool/Free web service that helps you quickly determine if a domain name is available.
- Domain Samurai – Free application that helps you find new and aged domains that are available for purchase. Contains the Market Samurai keyword module which uses the Google API to return results normally only provided by Google’s Search-based keyword tool. I own Market Samurai and the keyword module is just one of the many awesome features it provides.
- Google Search-based keyword tool – Free tool available from Google that allows you to research keywords and phrases that are actually searched for by people using Google.
- Google Insights – Free tool available from Google that allows you to see how search terms you enter are trending. Invaluable when determining what’s hot and what’s not.
- Market Samurai – An indispensable tool for performing keyword research. I downloaded the free copy (you can too by the way) and fell in love. This thing is packed full of powerful modules that help you find niche’s to dominate and relevant long tailed keywords to drive traffic to your blog.
- Combine Words – Free tool that helps you combine words to build a big list of keyword phrases for your PPC campaigns.
- Keyword Mixer – Same as Combine Words. Free tool that helps you build big lists of keyword phrases for your PPC campaigns.
- Keyword Density Checker – Quickly analyze your site and see if the keywords you are optimizing for appear with adequate frequency on your page.
- QuantCast – Displays demographic information for sites. A must when determining who to target when building a campaign.
- Compete – Displays demographic information for sites.
- Google Analytics – Free and full-featured way to track clicks to your site.
- Prosper202 – Free self-hosted conversion tracking analytics software. See which specific clicks resulted in a sale. Essential for all Affiliate Marketing campaigns.
- Tracking202 – Same as Prosper202 but this is the paid/hosted version for those who want to get up and running quickly without having to setup and configure the tracking software on their own server.
- Google Adwords Editor – If you use Google Adwords to drive traffic to your marketing campaigns you know that ad creation and setup can be a hassle. Google Adwords Editor, created and provided freely by Google, is a downloadable application that allows you to setup and modify your campaigns quickly and easily.
Microsoft Ad Center
- Microsoft adCenter Desktop – Save time managing your online marketing campaigns, whether you’re online or offline, using an intuitive, simple, and free desktop application created by Microsoft.
- Facebook Ads Manager – If you advertise on Facebook you know that there is no bulk upload option. This means that if you want to split test multiple ads you have to create them one at a time. This can take hours and is highly error prone. Facebook Ads Manager is a FireFox add-on that automates the upload process. Once installed, a sidebar widget allows you to enter in all the details regarding your campaign. Ad copy, pictures, age, and gender can all be split tested with ease. Once your campaign is setup, a single mouse click starts the campaign creation process freeing you to do other things while 100 or so laser targeted ads are created on your behalf. A process that would normally take you several hours to complete manually.
Search Engine Optimization (a.k.a. SEO)
Submit Your Site To
- Google Sitemap Generator 2 – Generate an xml sitemap of your whole site with a single click in Dreamweaver.
- Google Webmaster Tools – Essential for seeing what words or phrases drive the most traffic to your site as well as appraising the overall health of your site. Do you have a sitemap and is it configured correctly? This free service from Google will tell you.
- SpyOnWeb.com – Simply enter website url, ip address, google adsense or google analytics code and find out what resourses belong to the same owner. Free!
- Gliffy – Free Diagram Software. Create stunning diagrams to convey your point in the most effective way possible.
- AWeber – The standard in Opt-In Email Marketing Distribution. AWeber’s email marketing tools make it easy for you to create a professional signup form for your website
- Bookmark Demon – Tool to automate the social bookmarking of your sites.